1. There can't possibly be any country politer than Sweden.
2. Generalize about the Scandinavian countries at your own peril. They don't like it at all, being of the belief that their neighbors are swine. Making satirical remarks in Sweden about how dirty and ignorant Norwegians are will get you the immediate attention of some nearby bigot who wants to continue the idea in a zesty, non-satirical tone.
3. In fact, they are a lot different. Norway is non-EU.
4. Sweden, though EU, doesn't recognize euros.
5. Sweden, because EU, does recognize errors. Particularly the error of having joined the EU, which has blanketed the country with silly regulations while hindering its ability to produce as much wealth as a certain next-door country. Wealthiness is not among the many characteristics that Swedes are proud not to share with Norwegians. That said, though, paper, iron, and ABBA music are good, steady performers.
6. It takes fully seven hours to travel from the northern outlying suburbs of Stockholm to the lovely, lake-dotted, gently rolling southwest countryside of Sweden near the Danish border to play for two people.
7. So alien is American appetite in these parts that if you order multiple items at a restaurant, only the last course you ordered will arrive. It took me a couple days to figure this one out. They think you must be changing your mind with each new dish you ask for. A related note: don't pack extra-large size T-shirts to sell in Sweden.
8. There are actually a lot of brunettes in Sweden. And a fair number of Thais, Iranians, and black Muslims, from what I can tell. There is no palpable atmospheric racial tension here, besides the Norway thing. There's no customs officer or incoming baggage inspection at the Stockholm airport. None!
9. The average McDonald's worker here is slim, trim, smooth-skinned, and female. In fact, 8 out of every 10 pretty young women I've seen have been standing behind a McDonald's counter.
10. "Farthinder" means speed bump, and the traffic-sign graphic looks like female cleavage viewed from a horizontal angle. So, even though the Swedes can be a cold-blooded and laughter-averse people, there is plenty here for immature Americans to point and snigger at!